Weddings and Special Events
The Retreat, situated on 43 acres of private gardens and redwood forest is available for special events, such as weddings, fundraisers, family reunions or staff appreciation events. The grand living room can seat up to 125 guests. The front balcony overlooks a large heart-shaped lawn making the Retreat an ideal location for weddings and special events.
Many weddings and reunions at Ralston White Retreat are overnight to week-long celebrations where family and friends relax and get to know each other in our spectacular home setting. The Retreat is a short drive to many of the best San Francisco Bay Area tourist destinations.
The staff at The Ralston White Retreat is dedicated to making events stress free and memorable. We’ve been hosting weddings and events for nearly 50 years and are happy to share our expertise.
See our Photo gallery for pictures of recent weddings at Ralston White Retreat. Wedding reviews and many additional pictures can be found on the internet at sites like, pinterest.com,facebook.com, and yelp.com.
Over the years we have worked with many wonderful caterers. You are welcome to choose your own caterer or to choose from our List of Preferred Caterers. Caterers must be fully insured and licensed. Rented equipment is the responsibility of the wedding party and deliveries may be made in advance to the site by arrangement with the Site Director.
The parking lots at the Retreat hold 30-50 cars if carefully parked. For weddings in excess of 50 vehicles, you must make arrangements for a valet or shuttle service to transport guests to the event. See our Directions and Public Transit link for more detailed information and contact information for local shuttle services
Event Planning Timeline:
- Establish tentative dates with the Ralston White Retreat Reservations staff at 1-415-388-0858 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make an appointment with the Ralston White Site Director for a tour
- Sign Use Agreement and return with a 25% deposit
- Choose caterer and make site arrangements with the Site Director
- 30 days before event: Proof of insurance
- One month before event: Security deposit due
- Valet/Transportation arrangements verified
- 15 days prior to Event Day: Final payment due to Retreat Site Director
- Two weeks after event: Security deposit returned (if applicable)
During the date(s) of your event, you must maintain a policy of comprehensive public liability insurance of not less than one million dollars. A certificate of coverage must be received 30 days prior to the date of your event. If you need a referral to an insurance provider see our list of insurance providers we’ve worked with in the past or contact us.
Wedding and Retreat Rates:
2024 Rates: Click Here